Singapore is a top destination for international students looking for a high-quality education and a multicultural environment. Here are some reasons why:
- Quality Education: The Ministry of Education in Singapore ensures that the universities and institutions maintain a strong education system that encourages students to pursue their passions and promotes a diversity of talents in academic fields, sports, and the arts.
- Research & Innovation: Singapore is a hotbed of technological and IT invention and innovation. It has been named the most innovative country in the entire Asia Pacific region and ranked 6th in the INSEAD Global Innovation Index Rankings in 2016.
- Excellent Education Hub: Singapore has a comprehensive education environment with more than 16 leading foreign universities setting up centers of excellence in education and research there. It is also a pivot for management studies.
- Global Business Hub: Singapore is home to more than 7,000 Multinational Corporations (MNCs) and 100,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs), making it a great place for international students to network and find career opportunities.
- Stable Economy: Singapore is known for its dynamic economy and has been ranked as the top country for doing business worldwide. Its well-known financial center and major companies have created their base in Singapore, making it an attractive destination for businesses.
- Multi-Cultural Nation: Singapore’s high standards of living are due to the nation’s rich multicultural heritage. Various ethnic groups (Chinese, Malays, Indians, Eurasians) live together harmoniously, and the variety of religions is a direct reflection of the diversity of races living there.
- Work Opportunities: Singapore is a hub for business and high-tech industries in Southeast Asia, offering a wide range of opportunities in key sectors such as banking and finance, biomedical sciences, chemicals, communications and media, electronics, healthcare, and information technologies.
- Comfortable Living: Singapore is regarded as the easiest city to adjust to in Asia, with a small island feel but lots of attractions and activities. Dining and shopping are two of the top-rated activities, and Singapore is strategically located at the heart of Asia, making it an ideal hub for exploring the Southeast Asian region.