- Accommodation cost: Accommodation in Switzerland can be expensive and may vary based on the location, neighborhood, and type of building. There are several options for modern and safe accommodation for students, both on-campus and off-campus.
- University residence: International students usually receive subsidized housing on campus, which is located near college facilities and other students. Since the availability of housing is limited, students are advised to apply for student housing as early as possible.
- Rent/share an apartment: Many students prefer renting or sharing a private accommodation with Swiss students, as it allows them to immerse themselves in the language and culture. If you opt for this option, you’ll need to follow certain legal formalities.
- Homestay: Some international students prefer to stay with a Swiss family to truly experience the Swiss culture and integrate with the Swiss people.
- Estimated living costs: Switzerland’s high standard of living makes it an expensive country to live in, but the living costs for students may differ based on the city and university they choose.
Accommodation (Monthly) (in CHF Swiss Francs) • Accommodation (Single, off-campus, shared) 400-850 Other living expenses (Monthly) (in CHF Swiss Francs) • Basic Utilities 190 – 350 • Food & Drink 300 – 500 • Public transit 50-85 • Miscellaneous 250-500 Estimated Annual Cost Of living for Switzerland, – CHF15,000 to CHF24,000