To ensure a smooth journey to Ireland, there are a few essential items that you must have before leaving home:
- A valid passport with an Irish student visa.
- Your offer letter, letter of acceptance, and accommodation details from the Irish institution.
- Health insurance that covers major medical care during your stay.
- All important documents (both photocopies and originals).
- Keep your passport, entry visa, evidence of health insurance, acceptance of offer letter from institutions, and fee receipts in your hand luggage for quick access.
- Keep receipts of any related payments made, including tuition fees and health cover.
- Your birth certificate, credit card, and photographs.
- Important telephone numbers and addresses in India and Ireland.
- Any necessary prescriptions for required medications.
- Check your airline’s baggage allowance.
- Ensure that your luggage is clearly labeled with your name, contact address, and institution address.
- Pack according to the climate in Ireland, which may be different from your home country.
Note that after arriving in Ireland, international students must register with the INIS (formerly GNIB), and open a bank account for easy money transactions.